Through the continued generosity of Clarkson’s global alumni leaders, Clarkson University is proud to offer our newest and most exciting scholarship opportunity yet: the Clarkson Ignite Presidential Fellowship program.
These merit-based scholarships will cover all tuition costs for 10 first-time students entering Clarkson in fall 2020 from both the United States and across the globe.
To apply, students must do the following:
– apply to Clarkson University for Early Decision OR Regular Decision
– apply for the Clarkson Ignite Presidential Fellows program by December 15, 2019 (Early Decision) OR January 15, 2020 (Regular Decision), by submitting either a 200 word essay or 2-3 minute video on the following topic: Clarkson students strive to ignite their passions and turn them into innovations with impact. What passion(s) will you ignite at Clarkson? What innovation(s) do you dream of and what impact will it (they) have on the world?
Twenty-five (25) finalists will be selected and notified by February 15, 2020. At that time, finalists will be invited to interview either on campus, via virtual meeting, or by phone before final decisions are made.
About Clarkson University
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Early Decision deadline for Fall 2020 admission: December 1, 2019
Early Decision deadline for Clarkson Ignite Presidential Scholars application: December 15, 2020
Regular Decision deadline for Fall 2020 admission AND Clarkson Ignite Presidential Scholars application: January 15, 2020
As a Clarkson Golden Knight, you’ll open yourself up to impactful experiences that are rarely found all together anywhere else.
- Take advantage of the incredible internship and co-op opportunities offered through partnerships at top companies such as BorgWarner Morse TEC, Estée Lauder, Johnson & Johnson, National Grid, Philips Healthcare, Procter & Gamble, Target and Whiting-Turner.
- Perform research alongside faculty experts, as early as your first year, in areas like healthy world solutions, data and complex systems analytics, advanced materials development and next generation healthcare technologies.
- Have an international experience, whether on a 2- to 3-week trip to places like Croatia, Argentina and Switzerland or for a semester at one of our 55 study abroad partner universities in 28 countries.
- Take courses from a hands-on, flexible curriculum created in partnership with industry leaders that will prepare you for a career in your chosen field.
- Form a team with other students and formulate a plan to start your own business or solve a problem as part of the annual President’s Challenge under Clarkson Ignite. Then pitch your idea for real start-up money.
- Participate one of our 12 SPEED teams like Formula SAE, Clean Snowmobile, FIRST Robotics, Concrete Canoe and Steel Bridge to learn hands-on tech skills and skillsets like creating a business plan, presenting your project and working in budgets.
We are located in Potsdam, New York (main campus), with additional graduate programs, online networks and research facilities based near our industry partners in Saranac Lake, Schenectady, Beacon and New York City. 90 minutes North are Canadian cities like Ottawa and Montreal, while 90 minutes to the South are the high peaks of the Adirondack Mountains and majestic Lake Placid, home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympic games. Our 640+ wooded and waterfront campus provides students with boundless outdoor recreation opportunities.
Our 3300 students from over 40 states and 40 countries are athletes, entrepreneurs, gamers, animal lovers, researchers, artists, environmentalists, explorers and leaders. Our students have created over 250 clubs and organizations at Clarkson — a testament to the vast interests of our community. From equestrian and crew clubs and a cappella and dance teams, to student government and Greek life, there’s something for you at Clarkson. And if you don’t find a club that suits your interests, you can create your own.