Get the Master’s Degree Designed Specifically for Engineering and Tech Professionals.
Effective management in technology and engineering fields demands a unique skillset and knowledge base most executive degrees can’t cover.
Clarkson University’s online Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM) offers a specialized executive education program designed exclusively for high-caliber employees in technology and engineering fields to build the critical management skills they need.
Learn from people who know the industry—and what’s next
Shaped by corporate partners such as United Technologies, Turner Construction, Urban Engineers, IBM and the Society of Professional Engineers, Clarkson’s online master’s in Engineering Management is highly customized to meet the needs of the most demanding and rapidly evolving industries.
Master management skills unique to engineers and tech professionals
Coursework is focused on project management, quality management, financial management and sustainability—specifically as it pertains to technology- and engineering-driven organizations.
Clarkson’s Engineering Management master’s program boasts a curriculum engineered to address critical areas along the value chain. This gives Clarkson graduates a robust body of knowledge directly applicable to core job functions. Expert faculty and experienced members of industry focus on critical analyses of issues that matter in a technical environment.
- Cost Management & Financial Analysis
- Decision Analysis & Risk Management
- Operations Strategy & International Competitiveness
- Negotiations & Relationship Management
- Leading & Managing Organizations
- Strategic Project Management or Quality Management & Process Improvement
Students complete a final (or capstone) project demonstrating newfound knowledge and skills as well as their ability to address the challenges faced by their company or a specific industry.
Students choose three elective courses. Electives can be combined for a focus area in Data Analytics, Construction Engineering Management, Operations Management or Artificial Intelligence.
- Database Modeling, Design & Implementation
- Information Visualization
- Big Data Processing & Cloud Services
- Data Warehousing
- Applied Data Analytics
Construction Engineering Management
- Advanced Construction Engineering
- Sustainable Infrastructure & Building
- Special Topics in Construction Engineering Management
- Operations Management & Factory Physics
- Advanced Topics in Supply Chain Management
- Leading Organizational Change
- Law for Engineers
- Enterprise Sustainability
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence in Engineering
- Applied Machine Learning
Flexible Online and In-Person Hybrid
Clarkson’s graduate Engineering Management program combines limited on-site classes in either Beacon, New York, or New York City, with synchronous online learning. Five residential weekends in NYC are spread across the 2 years.
The on-site portion of the program allows participating students to meet faculty as well as their peers and develop the rapport necessary for success in an online setting. The MSEM program brings together natural problem solvers to learn from each other and how to apply that knowledge to their companies.
We offer rolling admissions so you can apply and start your online Master of Science in Engineering Management when you’re ready. We’ve designed Clarkson’s graduate application to be simple. Visit gradapp.clarkson.edu/apply to get started.
A complete application file includes:
- Completed online application.
- Transcripts from all institution(s) attended.
- 2 letters of reference.
- Statement of purpose.
Every applicant is evaluated for scholarships at the time of acceptance and need not fill out a separate scholarship form. Amounts are awarded in accordance with a student’s academic accomplishments, letters of recommendation, professional work experience and resume.
Many organizations cover some or all of their employee’s tuition costs. Learn more about reimbursement programs by contacting us or your Human Resources department.
You can finance your graduate academic study through federal loans, including:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Federal Direct Loan Application
- Graduate Student Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application